Skip to main content

IDAILYBREAD DECEMBER 2020




 [12/1, 11:20 AM] MY TESTIMONY: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:28


INSPIRATION


Great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto thee!" I have doubted the Lord’s plan for me, having the audacity to demand that He shows me a sign that I can understand. What a fool I have been at times! Look around you: is everything you see, hear, taste, and feel not enough? The Lord is dependable, far more than we are. Strive to be more like Him, more dependable and faithful. It is the greatest gift that we can offer the Lord, and the only one worth giving.


LET'S PRAY


Forgive me for losing faith at times, Heavenly Father, for I am weak and foolish at times. I must have tested Your patience and am so thankful that Your love of me has never waned. Hear me Lord! I am so lucky to be able to love You! It is all that I want to do. I pledge my servitude to You this day and always, Amen.

[12/2, 8:50 PM] MY TESTIMONY: The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

PSALM 34: 18


INSPIRATION


You will experience loss and betrayal. There will be times when you feel brokenhearted. We live in a fallen world, so it is expected that we will experience pain and hurt. However, those who believe in the Lord will find relief in him. The Bible tells us He is close to those who are brokenhearted and He saves those who feel crushed in spirit. When you are hurting, call out to Jesus. He is always faithful and He will give you peace.


LET'S PRAY


Dear God, I am brokenhearted. I am overwhelmed with sadness. You understand pain as Your son suffered on the cross – be near me, O Lord. But, Father, I know I can call on You and You will give me peace and rest. You see my pain and You will give me the strength I need to overcome this trial. Turn my mourning into gladness, Lord. In Jesus’ name, amen.

[12/2, 9:16 PM] MY TESTIMONY: Night


But he said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they said, We have no more but five loaves and two fishes; except we should go and buy meat for all this people.

Luke 9: 13


INSPIRATION


The disciples saw only the lack of food and of money, but they forgot the power of God. They had seen so many miracles done by Jesus, and yet, they still did not sense the opportunity for God's glory that lay before them. They forgot that "Little is much, if God is in it."



LET'S PRAY


Teach us, Lord, to believe in your power and not to despair over our present circumstances. We know you can do great things with very little things. We know you delight to work with what is weak, that your strength might be glorified.

[12/4, 8:35 PM] MY TESTIMONY: 11-03-20 MORNING


Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

PSALM 119:105


INSPIRATION


Just as everyone on earth starts from different positions in life, so too our spiritual journey towards the Lord will follow different paths for which there is no set map. There is rather, only the light of the word, and the guidance of the church, but it is still ultimately up to us to take those steps and use what we receive personally, practically, and habitually.



LET'S PRAY


I pray for Your guidance and light, my Lord, for I am but a lamb in the wilderness without you. When darkness settles down upon me, may you light a path to your loving embrace. When darkness obscures my way, fill my soul with the courage to trust in Your Holy word. For Your Testament is the lamp upon my feet, whose flames consume all darkness. Hosanna in the Highest, Amen.

[12/4, 8:41 PM] MY TESTIMONY: IDAILYBREAD 120320 NIGHT 


Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

MARK 9:23


INSPIRATION


This father whose son was demon-possessed brought him to Jesus. But while Jesus was away, his disciples were unable to cast out the demon. When Jesus returned, the man said to Jesus "if you can do anything," please have compassion on us. But Jesus answered that "if you can believe," all things are possible. Then the man cried out "I believe; help my unbelief!"


PRAYER


O Author and Finisher of my faith, I believe you but still struggle with unbelief. Help my unbelief, Lord, that I may not question your power to overcome every trial or temptation. You have worked mightily in many others before me, and I know you can do the same for me. Amen.

[12/4, 8:51 PM] MY TESTIMONY: Morning


Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua 1: 9


INSPIRATION


At the start of the book of Joshua, Moses has died and there is a feeling of fear in all of the Israelites. God commands Joshua to not be afraid, to trust in Him, because the Lord will always be with Him. Although it might not feel so direct or clear, God has done the same for all of us, by sending His son to earth to live, die, and reborn for us. So go out to love the Lord and the people, serve the Lord and the people. Leave everything we own to our one true Lord!



LET'S PRAY


Abba Father, You stand with us even when it seems that we are alone. Give me the courage to stand up and hate evil, to not feel discouraged in dark times, and to be faithful even when others' faith wavers. It is only through You that I will find the way, the truth, and the life. I submit myself totally to ye, wondrous God, and it is in Your name that I pray, Amen.

[12/4, 9:00 PM] MY TESTIMONY: Night


Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the LORD spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.

Leviticus 10:3


INSPIRATION


Aaron's sons had offered "strange fire," unauthorized incense, before Jehovah-God and had been consumed by the fire of God before the people of Israel. We are not to worship God in any way we please but according to the manner he has prescribed. We are to keep the worship of God holy, not intermix it with the ways of the world.



LET'S PRAY


Help me to worship you aright, O God. Teach my heart to hallow your holy name. Teach my lips to praise you according to truth. Teach my hands to work for your glory and my feet to go where you send me. Make all my life an act of worship of you, O Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE IMPORTANCE OF NAAMAN'S BATH IN RIVER JORDAN-

Today's Scripture 2 Kings 5:9–14 (NIV) Insight The Jordan River, where Naaman was told to “wash [himself] seven times” ( 2 Kings 5:10 ), was the primary source of water in the ancient Near East and is the most well-known river in the Bible. The melting snow of Mt. Hermon in the north is the main water source for the river that winds for 156 miles through the Sea of Galilee to the Dead Sea and has no outlet.  Joshua 3  records the parting of the waters of the Jordan so the Israelites could enter the land of Promise. Twice the waters of the river were parted in  2 Kings 2  when they were struck with the cloak of Elijah (vv. 8, 14). In the New Testament, John the Baptist baptized believers in Jesus and even Christ Himself in the Jordan ( Matthew 3:6 ,  13–17 ). SOURCE: OUR DAILY BREAD WHY DID NAAMAN HAD  TO DIP 7 TIMES It was probably a humbling act for a great commander, but  Naaman dipped  himself  seven times  in the muddy Jordan river. And God healed him

World Missions songs: Titles, lyrics, recordings, printed music sources

World Missions songs: Titles, lyrics, recordings, printed music sources hculbert@snu.edu Faith Promise     Bible verses     Bulletin inserts    Commitment cards        Sample 1        Sample 2        Children's card      Guidelines for success     Poetry      Faith Promise FAQs    Missions music        Classics       Contemporary         Songs in many languages      Recipes from Haiti      Sample budget    Themes        1950's        Bible themes        Music themes         Suggestions Caring for missionary speakers Missions statistics 10/40 Window Seeking God's will? African martyr's commitment Mission trip fund raising 10 ways to ruin mission trips Nazarene Missions International resources   Favorite Missions Songs? "They say 'music soothes the savage beast.' It also can educaate, convince, persuade, motivate, and inspire. We asked 30 missions pastors to list the best missions songs in contemporary Christian music. I was impressed by this list fr

IDAILY BREAD NOVEMBER 2020 PRAYERS

 [11/17, 6:14 PM] MY TESTIMONY: You, Lord, have proved to us who You are, by powerfully changing our hearts, minds, wills, and lives. You have confirmed to us the truth of Scripture and shown Yourself to be the Son of God. Being born of God, we have fellowship with You that the world cannot have because they refuse to believe. We confess with Peter Your full Divinity and humanity, and we know that "flesh and blood did not reveal this" to us. [11/18, 11:21 PM] MY TESTIMONY: Night Gracious God, I am still but a child and a student to your word. I thank you for putting on this earth the men and women who strive to do your work day and night, and pray that you may watch over them Lord, and give them your blessing. In them I vow to listen, in them I vow to study your name. Give them strength in all they do Lord, for I am still but a child and a student, and they are our guides in knowing you better. Amen. [11/18, 11:27 PM] MY TESTIMONY: 13 Nov. 2020 Dear God, You are a great myste